Monday 2 May 2016

Sofa Spotlight - The ABC Murders, Agatha Christie


I was looking forward to reading this book because of the memories I have of watching the TV adaptation. It was good, I was hooked, intrigued and also a little bit scared. (In fact it wasn't long after this that I wasn't allowed to watch murder mysteries on TV because I was too scared to sleep afterwards.

This one is different because the murderer is a serial killer, seemingly selecting his victims at random. It's a race against time for Poirot and the police to find and stop them. Hastings is the main narrator, which of course is funny, but there are some chapters that are told with someone else's voice. And they are creepy. True shiver down your spine stuff.

I say that the victims are selected at random, but actually it appears that their locations are taking from the ABC Railway Guide. A copy of which is found at each murder scene. Murder one is A and the B and so forth. It's a clue but it doesn't really help.

It's a fun book, I loved it and it wouldn't take you long to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment