Monday 4 April 2016

Sofa Spotlight - The Heart of Singleness, Andrea Trevenna


This is not a long or a heavy read, and I had it finished in a couple of sessions. For me it wasn't a groundbreaking book, but then as I said in the previous post I enjoy being single. I think my reason for reading it was curiousity because I'd never read a book on this subject before.

Having said that, it was a good book and I would recommend it if singleness is something that you find difficult. Trevenna is very good at bringing the focus back onto God and what He says about a person's identity in the Bible. This is the place to come if you want to get your thoughts realigned with God's Word and rethink what you think about yourself and relationships.

The great thing about this being so short is that you can spend time thinking about the challenges in the book without feeling like you are never going to get to the end of it. On the flip side, a short book means that you can't cover everything in depth, but I don't think that was Trevenna's purpose with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment