Monday 25 April 2016

Sofa Shelf - Whales, Railways and Depression

Three new books, hooray, and all very different.

Depression: Looking up from the Stubborn Darkness - Edward T Welch

One I have read before but one I hope to keep coming back to. Not because I suffer from depression but because there are many pockets that are almost like gold mines for useful information on living the Christian life.

Moby Dick - Herman Melville

This is a beast of a book! But I like a challenge so here goes. All I know is that it is about a whale - Moby Dick - and that it... actually that is all I know. Reason for buying - it is the Vintage version and it was second hand so only a pound. (I love the covers of Vintage Classics) Bargain.

The ABC Murders - Agatha Christie

Continuing to make my way through her novels this is one I have been looking forward to. I can remember the first time I saw this on TV and I think may well be my favourite Poirot mystery. Oh it's brilliant! Also involves a railway guide. Can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment