Sunday 12 July 2015

Sofa Spotlight - The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel


It's taken a while but I have finally finished The Case for Christ. If you've been following my progress through this book you will know that I have found parts of it challenging and it is an informative book if nothing else.

Strobel is an engaging writer. Previous experience with his books hasn't been brilliant. A few years ago I tried to read The Case for Faith and although I did finish in the end it was hard work. I'm ashamed to say it took me just under two years to get it finished. So starting The Case for Christ came with some worry that it would be hard work and be with me forever. But happily that hasn't been the case.

The book is made up of fourteen chapters, each one looking at a different piece of evidence for the accuracy of the biblical accounts of Jesus. Bit of a plot spoiler here - Strobel finds out that those accounts are accurate. His investigation into the evidence isn't brief or vague, it is full of detail, some of them so intense that they made me wince at times.

Anyway one that I would highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment