Saturday 13 June 2015

What does Archeology have to say?

Archeology isn't something that I've given much thought since I saw a live dig in York once. I think I must have been about 14 and my memory of it was that it looked like s very slow, tedious kind of job. Exciting when they find something, but the thought of having to do all that slow work and not have the guarantee that you would get an exciting find didn't inspire me to become an archeologist. Also my objection to getting rained on ruled out any outdoor kind of jobs. So no archeology for me.

But in his book The Case for Christ Strobel interviews Dr John McRay, who when Strobel interviewed him was professor of New Testament and archeology at Wheaton. The interview was about whether or not archeological evidence confirmed or contradicted the accounts of Jesus in the Bible. Again Dr McRay was very honest about the findings, and I actually enjoyed it - probably because someone else had done all the archeological work for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment