Thursday 28 May 2015

Whodunnit?

I'm reading The Murder at the Vicarage, which is my first experience of Agatha Christie. Well first experience of reading Christie. I grew up watching David Suchet as Poirot and Joan Hickson as Miss Marple so I know the dramatised versions of the stories. I have to say that Poirot and Marple were my favourite detectives, although Sherlock Holmes wasn't far behind. I once spent a summer reading all the Sherlock Holmes stories and it was a happy summer.

Reading a story with Miss Marple in it I have found that Miss Marple is not how I imagined her to be. For a start she hasn't been in they story as much as I thought she would be. And although I suspect that this could be a ploy, she doesn't seem to be completely accurate with her observations. But I've only read about 100 pages so my opinion on that could completely change. 

The Murder at the Vicarage was one of my favourites to watch, mainly because Miss Marple seemed to spend so much time in her garden on sunny days. Which I thought was a rather nice way to spend time. Although, I know that because this is Britain those sunny days would have been few and far between.


No comments:

Post a Comment