Tuesday 26 May 2015

What do you do with a song?

On of the features of The Jungle Books is that interspersed between the stories are poems and songs that relate to the stories. But my question is, what do you do when you find a song in the story that you are reading? I'm not talking just about The Jungle Books because there are other books out there that have songs in them.

What do you think about them?

I have to admit that I quite often get confused by them. My problem is that I don't know how they are meant to sound. Not being a huge fan of poetry I find them hard going, and kind of an interruption into the flow of the story. Although I don't like them, I do want to like them and so I don't just skip them when I come across them. It might take me longer to read the book but I hope that one day I will enjoy the poetry side of it. 

What do you do when confronted with a song or poem in a book? Do you skip it and carry on with the story without it or do you persevere and read them. Or do you love them and wish that there were more books with songs and poetry? What do you do with them?

Let me know what you think. I'd like to know what you do when two genres sort of collide like this. Or if you have any tips for how I might enjoy them more I'd like to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment