Saturday 11 April 2015

Good Catch

I've spent my week reading Captains Courageous and I have to say that I've been pleasantly surprised. Reading shorter books of less than 200 pages is rare for me because I don't know how I feel about it. Somewhere I must have had a bad experience of shorter books that don't have much to say and are not that interesting. So my expectations were not high when I started this book. But it has been good.

If you've had a look at some of the stuff I've been reading and am currently reading then you can understand why I'm so happy to be reading something that is short and not in any way horrific. Which is what I think until I remember that I am essentially reading a book about fishing. Then I wonder if I have started to lose the plot! Fishing is something I have no interest in, even though my grandfather made his living from it, so in theory this shouldn't be the book for me. But I am emotionally invested in this book now - I care about what they catch and I am genuinely worried they won't catch enough! 

Maybe it's a good job it's short.

No comments:

Post a Comment