Sunday 8 February 2015

Reading out Loud

In between dreaming up crazy challenges I've been reading the biography of Charles Dickens. I know that I should really just read Les Mis and get it over with, but it's not going anywhere and I like Dickens. I'm up to the point where Dickens has just started doing readings of his works to various audiences. Anyway it seems that Dickens rather enjoyed these readings, as did those who heard them. Which makes me wish that I could have heard them.

If I could go back in time to any point in history I would choose to go to one of those readings. I can't quite decide what I would like to hear him read, but a definite contender would be A Tale of Two Cities. It's one of my favourite books of all time, but then again I would love to hear Dickens do the voice of Mrs Gamp from Martin Chuzzlewit. 

So if you could go back in time to any literary moment, where would you go? Comment below and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment