Saturday 22 November 2014

All Work and no Play?

This week I picked up How to Find Fulfilling Work for the first time in a long time. I am very close to finishing it so I will do a proper post on it hopefully sometime next week. But thinking about work got me thinking about some of the silly things that I have done whilst at work.

By far the silliest was when I managed to get myself stuck in the loft. I was trying to be helpful and save time for my colleague, but it ended up causing more problems than it solved. Getting up there wasn't a problem, nor was finding the stuff that she needed. It wasn't until I was trying to get down that I realised that I had a problem.

For some reason I hadn't noticed that I was semi afraid of heights, and that the gap between the loft and the ladder was more than I was comfortable with. After a great deal of procrastination I summoned up the courage to get myself out and was very glad that I didn't need to take my colleague up on her offer to catch me!

Other silly things that I have done include stapling reports to my sleeve and sending large quantities of envelopes to the wrong address. Thankfully both of these mishaps were fixable.

I have heard some embarrassing work related stories that are considerably more funny than the above. If you have one to share and want to give us all a giggle, comment below and tell all.

No comments:

Post a Comment