Friday 24 October 2014

Reading on the Shelf

Not much has been happening this week, but here are my highlights:

I started a new book - it's called The Real Jane Austen by Paula Bryne. You can find the two posts that I spent raving about it here, and here. I'm hoping to get to read some more this weekend, but at the minute I'm caught up in the France/Paris of Les Miserables so who knows what will happen. 

This week also saw me edge ever closer to finishing A Book of Narrative Verse. Now only twenty pages from the end, which equates to five and a half poems, I am determined that this weekend will see me reach the finish line. There are few books which I have been glad to see the back of, but this will definitely be one of them.

In case there is worry that another large book has been added to the shelf and may cause its imminent collapse, I managed to get one finished. The Cross of Christ by John Stott made an appearance in the Sofa Spotlight this week, you can check out my thoughts here.

I also discovered that I need a new bookcase, or alternatively start selling some of my books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment