Thursday 9 October 2014

Reading on the Shelf - A Fractured Affair

This past week I've not managed to read much. I have managed to read a bit from these:

A Book of Narrative Verse - edited by V. H. Collins

The end is finally in sight - who knows I might even finish it this week!

On Looking - Alexandra Horowitz

I talked about this book in a post last week.

Give and Take - Adam Grant

This week I've learnt about one of the people behind The Simpsons and why he was successful. A lot to be learned there.

Possession - A. S. Byatt

One that I finished, find out what I thought about it here. Since finishing it I found a new use for the book that involved the death of a spider.

Les Miserables - Victor Hugo

Or Les Miserableness as spell check just tried to change it to. Have to say that this has been a good surprise, I'm not half way through yet but I like the story of Jean Valjean. I knew nothing about the story before reading this book, well apart from falling asleep during the film, so I'm enjoying the unknown.

Also this week I learnt how to do french knots. I feel very pleased with myself, but it was a stressful experience. Not, as I thought at first. from the learning of how to do the stitch, but from the intensity of the shopping channel we had put on for background noise.

Speaking of stress this week saw me have a potential stress fracture on a bone in my foot. To be fair it probably happened last week but it wasn't until yesterday that I thought it might be a good idea to get it looked at. It might not be broken, but I may have a fracture, either way it means no cycling for a while, which is sad. Also getting up and down stairs is tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment