Thursday 11 September 2014

The Top Ten

I got nominated on Facebook to do this:

“Pick 10 books that have impacted your life. Don't take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the 'right' books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Tag 10 friends and include me so I can see your list." 

So I thought that I would put what I wrote on here as well as on facebook:

1. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy - because when I read it I had no idea about Russian literature and I loved it, although I failed to read it in under two weeks as I had planned.

2. In Cold Blood - Truman Capote - because in a weird way it is compelling and has stuck with me ever since I first read it in 2009. 


3. North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell - because both the book and the film make me homesick.


4. The Screwtape Letters - C. S. Lewis - because I think it is pure genius. Well done Mr Lewis. 


5. Thinking for a Change - John C. Maxwell - because it was given to me when I was 15 and I still remember much of it. It is probably responsible for my lists, sorry Em! 


6. The Black Tulip - Alexandre Dumas - because what happens in this book is ridiculous and could never happen in real life but Dumas makes me believe that it is real.


7. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins - because I thought that I would hate this book and I ended up not being able to put it down.


8. A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens - because my mum made me read it when I was twelve and it opened up a new world of reading for me. I'm sorry now that I was so reluctant to try it.


9. Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks - because it was different to what I normally read and I enjoyed it more than I thought. 


10. Beau Geste - P. C. Wren - because this is the book that I read after A Tale of Two Cities and it was easier to read! 


Comment below and let me know what would be on your list, even if it is just your number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment