Thursday 4 September 2014

Reading on the Shelf

A Book of Narrative Verse - compiled by V. H. Collins

I just don't like poetry. I am persisting with it, but it is hard work and I can only manage a little bit at a time. It seems that I can't even manage an entire poem in one sitting, although I did make it through Thomas Parnell's The Hermit in one go.

Mark's of the Messenger - J. Mack Stiles

Finished this one, this is what I thought.

Tom Brown's Schooldays - Thomas Hughes

Finished this one, this is what I thought.

Manage Your Day-to Day - edited by Jocelyn K. Glei

Getting through this one at a fair speed. Although a lot of it isn't new information there are some things in that I hadn't thought of, so on the whole it is proving a useful read.

Possession - A. S. Byatt

So far so good. I've heard many bad reviews. EG says she gave up on it when she tried to read it, but I am determined to get through. I'm about 200 pages in, and the only bits I don't like are when there are lots of letters from the poets to each other. I find them hard work to read. But other than that ok so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment