Tuesday 26 August 2014

Sofa Shelf

Manage Your Day-To-Day - edited by Jocelyn K. Glei

This is a book about putting creative ideas into action. It has a very nice cover, both to look at and to touch. The contributors to this book look about how everyday decisions and routines can help or hinder the way that a creative idea can be accomplished. I think. Will let you know if I am right.

Give and Take - Adam Grant

A book that isn't a compilation. Feels like the first time in a while. This one talks about why giving may help you to be more successful even though it is counter intuitive. I've started it and it is very readable. Of all the books that I have started recently this is the one that I am most excited about, I'm looking forward to finding out what it has to say.

Marks of the Messenger - J. Mack Stiles

This is the second or third time that I've read this book. From what I remember it is worth another read, and because I can't remember much it is definitely one that I should read again. It is about how in order to tell others the gospel we need to know it ourselves and not assume that we or others know it.

Possession - A. S. Byatt

I've heard really good things about this book, but also really bad things. I'm worried that I will hate it and will spend the next year trying to get my through it, but I don't want to risk missing out on something that I might enjoy. Anyway it opens with lines from Nathaniel Hawthorne, so I am intrigued enough to read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment