Monday 25 August 2014

Reading on the Shelf

A Book of Narrative Verse - compiled by V. H. Collins

Been reading this one again. Well I managed half  a poem. I still don't like it. The poem was about someone from Cyprus, and having said that I don't like it, I do want to find out what happens at the end.

Le Tour - Geoffrey Wheatcroft


This book has sections that are about the regions of France, and this week I read the one on Gascony. It probably had more interest for me than most because D' Artagnan from The Three Musketeers is from there. 
Sweet Poison - David Gillespie


Very nearly finished and definitely not having sugar ever again. Although I am skeptical about books like this I think Gillespie has a point, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to be more aware of what is in what I eat or drink.
On Looking - Alexandra Horowitz
This week they have looked at letters. What impresses me about this book is that sometimes I'm worried that I'm going to be bored, but then I get drawn in. I love the gentle humour that is in this book.

Digital Fortress - Dan Brown


Finished this one, here is what I thought.

Tom Brown's Schooldays - Thomas Hughes

Near finishing this one too. Brown and East are always getting themselves into scrapes and now they have a new boy to look after. What I like is that there is more to this book than just a story, it has moments where it makes you think.

No Guts No Glory - edited by Alan Stewart

Finished this, here is what I thought.

Thinking - edited by John Brockman


Read a bit more but still don't really understand it. It might be a bit over my head. I'm three essays in and all I can remember is that one was about political forecasting, I think!

Manage Your Day-to Day - edited by Jocelyn K. Glei


This is easy to read. Some bits are not relevant to me, but the principles, although simple, are useful to be either be made aware of, or reminded of.

No comments:

Post a Comment