Monday 28 July 2014

Reading on the Shelf

The Prince of Thieves - Alexandre Dumas

At times this is a little on the ridiculous side. I am over half way through now and it looks obvious how things are going to turn out. Not a fan of Robin Hood as portrayed by Dumas, bit of a muppet, although a brave muppet in fairness.

The Neopolitan Lovers - Alexandre Dumas

Much drama so far. If every chapter is like the first three I shall need a holiday when I have finished it.

Wonder-Book and Tanglewood Tales - Nathaniel Hawthorne

This has been surprisingly good! Never thought I could enjoy Greek myths as much as I have. I hope to finish it this week so watch this space.

Digital Fortress - Dan Brown


At the minute I'm not enjoying this as much as some of the other Dan Brown books I've read. Maybe it is because I don't enjoy codes and maths and things like that.

 Mastermind - Maria Konnikova

Another one that I'm really enjoying. Right now I'm reading a bit about memory and how we can chose what to remember. I think what makes it good is that there is a lot of Sherlock Holmes references so that makes it more understandable. If that makes sense.


Neil Gaiman's 'Make Good Art' Speech

Read and dusted. This is what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment