Saturday 19 July 2014

Sofa Spotlight - Deception Point, Dan Brown

What's it about?

There's something odd about the meteorite buried in a load of ice at the top of the world. They say that it could have landed there a couple of centuries ago. What is certain is that is causing problems in science and politics now. It could decide who wins the next election. Of course it wouldn't be a Dan Brown novel without a few dramatic murders, and there are a few thrown into the mix. At the centre of the drama is the current President, Zach Herney, and his opponent Senator Sexton. The topic they are fighting over in their campaigns is NASA. So a meteorite found by NASA puts an interesting spin on the fight.

What was good?

What surprised me was how much I enjoyed the political side of this novel. I thought it would send me to sleep - politics has that effect on me. If I had a favourite character it would have to be Gabrielle Ashe. She might not have been having arctic adventures but she was influential in a subtle way that I enjoyed.

What was bad?

The death count was high, maybe a few too many deaths for me.

Who is it for?

It has suspense, and it isn't all action, although it has that too. If that appeals to you, then this is one to read.





No comments:

Post a Comment