Monday 23 June 2014

Sofa Shelf Update - Weekend Reading

One Thousand and One Ghosts - Alexandre Dumas 

Finished this one, this is what I thought

A Life's Ambition - Alexandre Dumas

The hero has quit acting and returned to his father's house, promised never to act again, and then run away to restart his acting career.

The Journal of Madame Giovanni - Alexandre Dumas

Not read much, but it's interesting to see what Australia was like in the 19th Century.

Time Warped - Claudia Hammond

I am really liking this book. I've finished the first chapter which was all about how we perceive time and what makes it speed up and slow down. Learning a lot.

The Scarlet Letter and Selected Tales - Nathaniel Hawthorne

I think I like this novel better than the others by Hawthorne. Three chapters in and the tension is rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment