Sunday 1 June 2014

Book of the Month - May '14

Walking with God by J. C. Ryle is a book that I have read at least twice... I've lost count. It is hard to keep track of a book that you read over and over because you like it so much. I know that reading it twice doesn't count as reading it over and over, but I don't think this will be the last time that I read it.

And that is why Walking with God is the best thing that I have read this month. It may be a short book, but it is not short on challenges. Each time I read it I can work out how well I've responded to the challenges from the last time I read it, and I think that I will see other areas in my life where there needs to be change. Doesn't sound like a book that will make you feel good.

But that is what is good about this book. It makes you look at Jesus and realise that the best way to live is to live following Him. Looking at Jesus gives you the right perspective on life and that is better than a good feeling that will fade. You will have to read it to find out what I'm talking about.




No comments:

Post a Comment