Tuesday 27 May 2014

Sofa Shelf - Why am I taking on more books?

So two more, because I didn't have enough already:

Iron Sharpens Iron - Orlando Saer

One about preparing and leading a Bible study. Useful, as that is what I do sometimes.

Mosses from an Old Manse - Nathaniel Hawthorne

This has an amazing cover, which is not why I bought it... It is a collection of short stories. Maybe he won't commentate on these as much as he did in The House of the Seven Gables

On Looking - Alexandra Horowitz

I've been looking forward to reading this one for a while. It is about what we observe, or don't observe in the environment that surrounds us. From what I can gather Horowitz does the same walk eleven times with different people to see what they see, and also what she misses.

No comments:

Post a Comment