Thursday 3 April 2014

Two Down Sixty Four To Go

EG and I have a book challenge. I have to read 66 books by the end of September and she has to read 64. You can find out why here. When we finish a book we can put a star on the chart. My line of stars is definitely tidier than EG's.

What I didn't mention in my previous post is that every book that we read over our target equates to one book we can buy in Hay-on-Wye. When we are reading the bonus books we get special stickers - My Little Pony stickers. What joy! EG wants me to take a picture of them to show you, but I think that should be saved for when (IF) we get to that point.

At the weekend the stars were coming out. EG finished a book first, but I wasn't far behind. Then a second one went up on EG's side and I worked hard on Sunday night to finish my second, only to find on Monday morning that EG had finished another. There was a little dispute over the validity of the third book as the pages had large margins, but I agree it does count as a book. Picture books however, DO NOT COUNT.

The books EG has read are:
Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Jean-Dominique Bauby
Letters to a Debutante - Lady Jephson

I have read:
Compared to Her - Sophie de Witt
Wessex Tales - Thomas Hardy

The race is on. If enough of you comment I'll take a picture of the pony stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment