Thursday 24 April 2014

The Sofa Shelf - Formula

One new book on the shelf:

The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

After my not so fun experience with The Da Vinci Code I have taken a deep breath and started the next in the Robert Langdon series. To be fair I did enjoy Angels and Demons so I have hope for this one. So far it is fitting the formula of the other books. There is a crazy assassin type character and it seems like there will be a race against time. One variation I have noticed is that there hasn't been a horrible murder, this time it is a kidnapping. Although I'm not sure there hasn't been a murder. Something I don't like, which is my own fault, is that the edition that I have is the big hardback version. But it was only £1 from a second hand bookshop so I can't complain too loudly. Just hope I don't have a train journey anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment