Monday 21 April 2014

Sofa Shelf Update

A very short update on the shelf:


A Book of Narrative Verse - compiled by V. H. Collins

Not had time to read any. My heart bleeds.


The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith

I find myself reading this whenever I can, even if it's only for a few minutes. Once picked up it's hard to put down again. Haven't read much of it since last time. What I like is that the development of the characters is just as good as the mystery surrounding the crime.


Racing Through the Dark - The Fall and Rise of David Millar

No reading and not much cycling happening either.  


The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Finished it! What I thought is here.


The Woodlanders - Thomas Hardy

I have changed my mind about this book. When I started it I liked it and now I'm not sure that I do. It reminds me of The Return of the Native and I wasn't a big fan of that book. In my opinion the characters in these books would do better if they all minded their own business. Although I suppose there wouldn't be much story in it then. 


Matthew - J. C. Ryle

This is good. Some of the chapters are longer than I first thought and would take longer than ten minutes to read. Ryle is just as challenging as he was in Holiness and I think I will have a long list of applications at the end. So far an easier read than Holiness. 


Celebrated Crimes - Alexandre Dumas

No news on the Borgia family yet, haven't had chance to read much of it. I like books that help me learn and not just entertain and I think this is going to be one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment