Monday 24 March 2014

Sofa Shelf Update

This is a little update on how I'm doing with the books that I talked about on the Sofa Shelf last week. If you missed it you can catch up here:  http://onthearmofthesofa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-sofa-shelf.html

Compared to Her - Sophie de Witt 

I'm halfway through and have quickly found that this book does have something to say to me. It's the sort of book that I find myself thinking about all the time. So far I've been shocked at how much time I spend comparing myself to others - suppose it is in the title. Looking forward to how it concludes, not looking forward to the changes I may have to make to my thinking.

A Book of Narrative Verse - compiled by V H Collins

Since last week I've managed one poem and it took me an hour to get through. It was by Chaucer and I didn't like it. Mainly because it took me an hour, but also because I couldn't understand most of it - please don't ask me to tell you what it was about because the best I could give you would be an educated guess. Not sure how I feel about trying another.

The Well-Beloved - Thomas Hardy

I finished this one. You can see what I thought about it here:  http://onthearmofthesofa.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sofa-spotlight-well-beloved-thomas-hardy.html

The Cuckoo's Calling

Got a bit of time to read this one but not much, which is disappointing because I'm really enjoying it.

There's some new books coming up on the Sofa Shelf. Keep your eyes peeled for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment